Jasper County Airport Authority
Request for Qualifications-
Professional Engineering and Consulting Services
The Jasper County Airport Authority (JCAA), operator of the Jasper County Airport (KRZL), in the City of Rensselaer, Indiana is soliciting statements of qualifications from interested firms to provide professional engineering and consulting services for airfield development projects that are anticipated to occur within the next five (5) years. Subject to local funds availability, receipt of Federal funding and/or State funding, these projects may include the following:
- FY2020 – Obstruction Removal (Old Hangar). Estimated Construction Cost $133,000. Project likely to continue into FY2021.
- FY2021 – Airport Layout Plan. Estimated Cost $166,667
- FY2023 – Acquire Land. Estimated Cost $303,000. Land may be swapped with other airport land.
- FY2024 – Runway 09/27 Environmental Assessment. Estimated Cost $100,000
- FY2025 – Runway 09/27 Grading and Drainage. Estimated Costs $4,482,060.
- Add other projects as needed…
These projects have been developed from the JCAA’s Airport Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), which was prepared with assistance from NGC, Corp. A copy of each project CIP Data Sheet will be made available upon request. These projects show a slight modification to the current CIP due to the JCAA’s recent commitment to acquiring land needed for future development, likely leading to the JCAA’s application for multi-year federal/state funding culminating FY2024. JCAA has the financial ability to pursue some projects using local funds exclusively.
Update May 8, 2020: Most recent CIP datasheets may be downloaded here.
The services to be provided may include, but are not limited to preliminary design, final design, bidding, construction observation, and incidental special services such as geotechnical/subsurface investigations and topographic surveying.
A qualification based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E Architectural, Engineering, and Planning Consultant Services for Airport Grant Projects will be utilized to select a consultant. Fee information will not be considered in the selection process and shall not be submitted with the Statement. Fees will be negotiated for projects as federal funds become available. The agreement(s) between the JCAA and the selected consultant will be subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations as identified in AC 150/5100-14E.
Consultants will be rated by a selection committee according to the following selection criteria and the weight given to each:
- Capability to perform all aspects of the projects (20%) – qualifications of prime firm (and sub consultants, if any);
- Relevant experience of key personnel (20%) – qualifications of prime firm (and sub consultants, if any);
- Knowledge of FAA standards, policies, and procedures (20%);
- Recent experience with comparable projects at similarly-sized airports (20%);
- History of meeting schedules and staying within budget (10%); and
- Understanding of the project’s potential challenges and JCAA’s concerns (10%).
The JCAA intends to short list up to three (3) of the highest rated firms based on the submittals and conduct phone, informal, and/or formal interviews.
Statements must be concise and contain no more than twenty (20) pages of material (10 sheets of paper, double sided). This excludes the front and back covers, the two-page cover letter (1 sheet of paper, double sided), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes. Consultants must submit four (4) hard copies of their Statement and a PDF of their Statement (submitted via email) to:
Jasper County Airport Authority
2326 W. Clark Street
Rensselaer, IN 47978
All statements must be received by 4:00 p.m. CDT on June 1, 2020. Statements received after this deadline will not be considered. JCAA reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements. Submittals will become property of JCAA.
Statements are to be provided in a package marked with “Airport Statement of Qualifications” in the lower left hand corner and the sender’s name and address in the upper left hand corner. Please make the email subject line: “Airport Statement of Qualifications”. JCAA will reply to emailed submittals with an email confirming receipt.
All questions must be submitted via email to the above contact by 4:00 p.m. CDT on May 18, 2020. Answers will be sent via reply email no later than 4:00 p.m. CDT on May 25,2020. For more information, please contact Airport Manager Ray Seif at (219) 866-2100 or Info@JasperCountyAirport.com.