Calling all future pilots. Jasper County Airport will host a private pilot ground school that will run for four weekend days, scheduled for:
- May 16th – starting 8 am cdt
- May 17th – starting 8 am cdt
- May 23rd – starting 8 am cdt
- May 24th – starting 8 am cdt
The ground school will be taught by Thomas Sherringham, a Purdue graduate and one of the freelance flight instructors able to instruct in the airport’s new rental Cessna 172. Seating will be limited due to Covid-19 precautions. Anyone unable to make it to this course may have an opportunity to attend future courses at the airport. The course fee is targeted for $200-$250, but will depend ultimately on the number of students enrolled.
The ground school will use free material found on the FAA’s website as well as text from Gleim.
- Gleim Private Pilot Written Prep 2020 : https://www.gleimaviation.com/shop/ppkt/ (*Recommended purchase for practice at home*)
- Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/phak/
- Federal Aviation Regulations/ Aeronautical Information Manual 2020:
- Print version
- Ipad Version available on AppStore
What to bring to class:
- Notetaking supplies
- Ipad (if available)
- Personal snacks and drinks (as necessary)
- A willingness to be challenged and learn new knowledge!
Anyone interested in this ground school or learning about how to become a pilot should contact the airport at:
Jasper County Airport
2326 W Clark Street
Rensselaer, IN 47978